- About the Collective Bargaining Committee
- The CBC has twelve (12) voting members.
- Members are elected for a term equal to negotiating a collective agreement.
- The CBC meets regularly, usually bi-monthly during the months leading up to negotiations and more frequently during negotiations.
- It publishes THE PROVINCIAL TAKEOVER BULLETIN (a newsletter that keeps members informed of negotiation developments – formerly called THE BARGAINING BUZZ).
- It surveys the membership regarding negotiation priorities.
- It prepares the Preliminary Submission for presentation to the membership for approval.
- It negotiates a new collective agreement with the Board.
- It communicates regularly with the Executive, Teachers and the Union membership.
The Collective Bargaining Committee is only as strong as the membership it represents.
Contact Mandi Hardy (email@example.com) for more information.