Peel Elementary Teachers’ Local Professional Development Fund is money set aside by the Local to fund professional development for PETL members.
PETL is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Funding year.
Please see the full, updated guidelines on this page under “Related Documents”.
- OUT OF COUNTRY ACTIVITIES: Applications for ALL out of country activities must be approved by the PDSB Associate Director, Poleen Grewal. Once your PETL application is approved by your Principal/Supervisor, please then forward your application form to the Associate Director (email: email@example.com; fax: 905-890-6698; courier: Poleen Grewal, Director’s Office, CBO). The Associate Director will process and then return your application to you. If approved by the Associate Director, please then forward to PETL for consideration. Please allow a sufficient amount of time for approval from the Associate Director. All applications must still be received by PETL at least 10 school days prior to the start of the activity.
- Where a member is not incurring a cost to attend a conference/workshop/or other professional development course (e.g., member is presenting at the conference/workshop/professional development course and the registration fee is being paid by the organization), the member must provide the PETL with evidence of this cost being absorbed.
- PETL will not reimburse any travel expenses incurred through the use of crowd-sourcing apps, including but not limited to, Uber and Lyft, effective July 1st, 2019.
- Members can complete and print an electronic version of the application form online from this page.
- If emailing application, ensure you and your Principals’ signatures are on form before sending as a pdf.
- Full instructions for submission are included in the guidelines with abbreviated instructions on the “PL Conference Funding Application Form (2019-2020)” (both versions) under “Related Documents”.
- All applications MUST be received in the Local office at least 10 school days before the conference start date.
- Applications are processed within 1 to 2 weeks of being received at the Local office.
- PETL can fund up to $300 for conference registration, transportation, and accommodation, as well as fund up to 2 days for supply coverage when applicable.
To Be Reimbursed After Your Approved Activity, submit the following to the Local within 90 days of the completion of your activity:
a) A copy of the approved PETL PL Conference Funding Application Form;
b) Receipts for approved/eligible expenses from the conference (copies are acceptable), including any support for $US conversions, when applicable. Please outline any cost sharing and attribution of costs when submitting receipts, when applicable (e.g., shared hotel room). Mileage support is not required at this point if it was already sent with the original application.
c) Documents can be couriered, faxed (905-564-7236) or emailed to Aman Mehta, Secretary-Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any additional information, please contact the Secretary-Treasurer, Aman Mehta:
- Phone: 905-564-7233
- email: email@example.com