Status of Women Funding is now open for 2022-2023 school year!
The Status of Women Committee has set aside funds for conferences/programs which promote:
• Women in Leadership
• Women’s Issues
This fund is available to all Peel Elementary teachers on a first come basis, subject to eligibility and approval. The fund can only be accessed for one conference each year.
- Status of Women can fund up to $800 while funding is available. Funds may be used to cover conference/workshop costs and/or up to 3 Occasional Teacher days (at $250/day) to attend the activity, up to the maximum amount.
- Please see the full, updated guidelines at the bottom of this page under “Related Documents”.
- Please find all information/forms under “Related Documents” at the bottom of this page
- Where a member is not incurring a cost to attend a conference/workshop/or other professional development course (e.g., member is presenting at the conference/workshop/professional development course and the registration fee is being paid by the organization), the member must provide the PETL with evidence of this cost being absorbed
- PETL will not reimburse any travel expenses incurred through the use of crowd-sourcing apps, including but not limited to, Uber and Lyft, effective July 1st, 2019.
- All applications MUST be received in the Local office at least 10 school days before the activity’s start date.
- Applications are usually processed within 2 weeks of being received at the Local office. Please do not re-send applications within this timeframe.
Inquires can be directed to Julia Allen, Secretary-Treasurer, by calling 905-564-7233 or by email email@example.com.