STPDL Funding

STPDL Applications Are NOW Open for 2022-2023

Members are asked to carefully read the 2022-2023 STPDL Guidelines prior to submitting their application.

All information regarding the Chairs of each Superintendency, applications and guidelines are posted below.

Short Term Professional Development Leave Fund (STPDL) is money negotiated into the Collective Agreement for elementary teachers to fund professional development. The Peel District School Board has an STPDL committee and chair in each of its (13) Superintendencies plus those working at centrally assigned locations.  The committees meet on a monthly basis to process applications.

  • STPDL can fund up to $350 for conference registration, transportation, and accommodation, and can fund up to 2 days for supply coverage Easy Connect (Code 67) while funds are available.
  • If you require more than 2 supply days you must apply also to PETL Conference Funding and indicate that additional days are required beyond 2 covered by STPDL.
  • When applying for any conference funding, STPDL Funding should be accessed before or at the same time as PETL Conference Funding (see complete STPDL & PETL Conference Funding Guidelines for more information).

**Please Note the Protocol for Out of Country Activities** – Applications for ALL out of country activities must be approved by the PDSB Associate Director. Once your STPDL application is approved by your Principal/Supervisor, please then forward your application form to the Associate Director courier.  The Associate Director will process and then return your application to you. If approved by the Associate Director, please then forward to STPDL Chair for consideration.  Please allow a sufficient amount of time for approval from the Associate Director.

All applications must still be received by STPDL prior to the start of the activity.

STPDL Approvals are not transferable.

Application forms are available in a fillable PDF (downloadable below), an Excel Spreadsheet (downloadable below) & a Google Sheet (make a copy).

The electronic fillable forms are for convenience, but actual signatures are required.
You MUST print, sign (and get your administrator’s signature), and
send to the Chair as a ONE page PDF or via the courier. 
PLEASE NOTE – Applications being sent to Chairs who are centrally assigned (i.e., CBO) MUST be sent as a PDF electronically to their email.

Start typing and press Enter to search